Congrats to Lana Del Rey on her recent re-introduction of herself as “Lana Del Ray, retro style maven, singer, vocalist” by way of her recent live performance at the Wooly Lounge in NYC on September 19th. Reviews for Lana’s rare live performance at NYC’s retro night spot The Wooly Lounge are coming in and they are good. Yes, she can sing.
Whew, what a relief. I’d hate to see her demoted to daytime soap opera vixen or runway model after all that effort by record companies to groom and manufacture another new international pop music idol. Rolling Stone has written a solid thumbs up review, and that’s always good. If you can’t please the boys at RS you are in deep trouble as a singer.
But the well planned, intimate, up-close and personal live performance Del Rey gave in NYC a few days ago, with minimal musical set dressing, no audio effects, just clean yet stylish instrumentation, is just what we all needed to hear. It’s a step in the right direction for Lana. I’m looking forward to hearing more.
More Music Video: Lana Del Rey
Tags: lana del rey music videos, lana del rey live video, lana del rey singer vocalist pop music
- Lana Del Ray to front H (elleuk.com)
- WATCH Lana Del Rey Sing Blue Velvet For H&M PLUS Behind The Scenes On The Shoot (graziadaily.co.uk)
- Lana Del Rey “Summertime Sadness” (Lonczinski Remix) (skoodmusic.com)
- H&M Fetes Fall Campaign Launch With A Private Concert From Lana Del Rey! (styleblazer.com)
- Fall Fashion with Lana Del Rey (celebsgoss.com)
- Get Lana Del Rey’s Retro Looks From Her H&M Campaign (bellasugar.com)
- Watch Lana Del Rey’s Blue Velvet video (Plus: Photos of her H&M launch in New York) (o.canada.com)
- Lana Del Rey: H&M Fall Campaign Commercial! (justjared.com)
- Lana Del Rey Named Face and Voice of H&M (shoppingblog.com)