I have to say that Psy’s worldwide smash music hit “Gangnam Style” created a pop culture explosion in 2012 that has spread on into 2013, eclipsing anything I have observed happen in popular music in decades. Millions of rabid Psy fans of the monster hit who took the streets, malls, offices, schoolyards, and motel lobbies in 2012 to create their own “Gangnam Style” flash mobs kept it up in 2013 and the super-hit RULED the airwaves for the second year in a row.
“Dress Classy … and dance cheesy.” – Psy
Here’s a brief re-cap:
“If every rioting Muslim would stop wreaking havoc and begin dancing “Gangnam Style” instead we would have an outbreak of world peace within 20 minutes.” – blog author of HPC
- [NEWS] Psy, G-Dragon, SHINee and Sungha Jung on Billboard’s 2013 Year-End charts! (keksprinzessin.wordpress.com)
- Watch: Doggystyle Meets Gangnam Style on GGN (getmybuzzup.com)
- PSY Might Be Releasing a New Single Soon (popdust.com)
- If you wanna beat Gangnam Style. (danielthebryan.wordpress.com)
- [NEWS] 131214 PSY finishes recording for his new song. The Comeback is near! (asianmtownpt.wordpress.com)
- Croatian ‘Gangnam Style’ (croatiabyus.wordpress.com)
- Gangnam Style : Operation 2 billions (anewwaytoshare.wordpress.com)
- Gangnam Style: A Korean Sensation Transcending the K-pop Cookie Cutter by David Deluty (theartofthelyric.wordpress.com)
This video went viral in 12 hours with more than 4 million views. That’s actually pretty hot, in and of itself. If you see a bunch of writhing leaping people in the video below, and you don’t know who they are, don’t feel alone. It just means you don’t live on YT enough to know what got famous every 15 seconds in 2013, before the next big thing came along. Consider this 5 minutes spent to catch up on all the lamest non-news events which got more web traffic in 30 minutes than all of your own blogs combined will ever get in a lifetime. It’s real inspiration for us news bloggers all to keep on plugging, huh?
Maybe if I put on a plastic horse head and leaped around my front lawn for 5 or 10 minutes it would help my blog traffic. But then again, nah.
Tags: 2013 media events, 2013 pop culture, what went viral in 2013, YT media 2013, YT rewind 2013 video
Can’t sing? Don’t sing? Not to worry, we live in the day and age where if you can pretend to sing, you now have a shot at a career. Especially if you can dance, and you are really really cute. How long will it last? I’d give this “Little Psy” phenom about 2-3 years before it wanes, but by the time “Little Psy” becomes a teen he will have most likely milked the Gangnam Style phenomenon for enough mileage to actually get a career kick start out of it.
What you see below is commonly called “milking it, milking it, milking it for all it’s worth.” And it’s worth buku bucks in raw cash and global fame. You gotta admit, the kid is really cute. And he’s a great performer. Little Michael Jackson from 40 years might be proud. Or … maybe not.
The difference between Little Psy and Little Michael Jackson is, little Michael Jackson could sing like a bird with PERFECT pitch. And he began singing on stage when he was only four years old. Remarkable.
Funny, I enjoy watching Little Psy doing “Gangnam Style” dance and sound-mime more than I enjoy watching the grown-ups. This dance was made to order for kids anyway, don’t you think? The act might be more long lived if the little boy could actually sing.
Watch little PSY rock it in these videos:
Fussy baby won’t eat his lunch? Try this:
I’m sorry I just can’t help it. This next video is just too hilariously wonderful:
- Little PSY Goes Solo After ‘Gangnam Style’ Cameo (krextv.com)
- Psy Returns With The Long Awaited Sequel To Gangnam Style (contactmusic.com)
- Little PSY goes solo after ‘Gangnam Style’ cameo (miamiherald.com)
- Little PSY goes solo after ‘Gangnam Style’ cameo (metronews.ca)
- PSY to Debut “Gangnam Style” Follow-Up Next Month (newsfeed.time.com)
- Little PSY Goes Solo After ‘Gangnam Style’ Cameo (abcnews.go.com)